dinsdag 3 mei 2011

A room with a view...

A good and sunny morning to everybody!
In stead of telling you something about me, I'll tell you something about my room.
I took a few pictures, but they don't have such a great quality, because I took them with my webcam, cause I don't have a camera with me.

I live in a student room (I don't know if that's the exact word in English). I live in a sort of appartment/studio where only university students live. We share a kitchen together but have our own bathroom. Which is great and quite a luxury, because most of the students who live in other houses have to share the bathroom too. I also have a large room, with a really large window, which is nice in summertimes, because I have much sun in my room then.

this is a piece of my bookcase, but I use it also for my plates, cups, tea set, ...
I have to admit that I'm crazy about tea sets, I should buy them every time a see a cute one. But I try to control this adoration for tea sets, and stop buying them, because I didn't know where I had to put them anymore!
I have some cute cups from China (bought in the Oxfam world shop), it's a set with really cute and small cups, 2 beautiful plates with a nice print and a gorgeous teapot (you can see that Chinese teapot at the picture below, it's the right one).
The teapot on the left side was a birthdaypresent that my parents gave me for my 18th birthday. That round thing you can see after the teapots is a sort of percussion instrument. I can't play music, but I really loved the print on that instrument, it's a henna design. It was also a gift I had for christmas (and it's an article I found in the world shop (again)).
To be honest, I love the Oxfam world shop, you can find there really nice articles and they are made in dignity. I usualy go there when I'm looking for a little gift for friends or family or for myself, to cheer up my room :).
So here you can see my "little kitchen thing" I have a mini fridge and a microwave, and also a sink. I don't have cookingplates in my room, because we have a kitchen we share. Oh and I also like to cook, so I decided I will post some (vegetarian) recipes later. (more about that later :))!

That's enough for this blog,
Wishing you a great day at work, at school, at home, ...
Sien
x


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com